BetMGM Sportsbook Review
BetMGM offers a decent number of betting markets, solid lines, and an integrated rewards program, along with a conveniently shared wallet with its companion, BetMGM Casino.
BetMGM bonus offers and promotions
Players signing up for the BetMGM Casino app are entitled to a $25 sign-up bonus offer. This sign-up bonus expires after seven days. There is currently no sign-up bonus for the BetMGM Sportsbook app, however, the apps use a shared wallet feature.
After depositing $25 or more, new BetMGM sportsbook users will receive a 100% match deposit bonus from $25 all the way up to $100! New players at BetMGM are eligible for a refund up to $100 on their first bet.
BetMGM VIP program
MGM offers a reward program at its properties which covers it online and mobile space as well through a program called mLife. The reward levels on mLife range from introductory (Sapphire) to Platinum. The Platinum rewards include a 30% bonus to all pointed the player earns along with a yearly complimentary cruise for two.
BetMGM offers bonuses for its VIP players, which they can use to book rooms in their hotel locations at discounted prices. Bonus cash can be transferred between the casino and the sportsbook apps. Players can also use these bonus points in BetMGM promotions.
BetMGM site features and user experience
BetMGM Sportsbook software features a minimalistic design with easy with a simple, clean layout and not too many pages. The home page features a “Popular” section showing popular betting selections along with a “Current” section displaying the trending games and events.
Placing wagers is simple and intuitive on the BetMGM online sportsbook app. Once they select the event, the app will direct the player to a separate page to place the bet. As long as the player had deposited into their player account, the rest is self-explanatory.
BetMGM platform and software
BetMGM is powered by an IGT software platform, with technology displaying a betting cloud with popular games. MGM’s partnership with GVC allows it access to GVC's massive number of IT staff.
BetMGM mobile sportsbook app
Players can start playing on BetMGM Sportsbook app via iOS and Android devices. The best way to download the app is through navigating to the BetMGM site on a mobile device. You would then scroll to the bottom where there is an option to download to the respective operating system.
This app offers one of the most appealing interfaces in the NJ sports betting app market. It features clean and clear pages with a wide range of available betting options. Although not as smooth as the company's Nevada app, it is, for the most part, easy for users to navigate.
TheetMGM casino and sportsbook apps are two different platforms, however, these can be linked once they have both been downloaded.
The app requires geolocation software in order to verify your location while you play.
BetMGM customer support
BetMGM Sportsbook offers its users a few methods of contacting customer support. There is a support number that users can reach at 1-609-248-9531 along with a support email. If customers choose to use the email signup sheet, they must input the information regarding their issue.
Betting at BetMGM Sportsbook
There is not a huge selection of betting types, however, BetMGM offers the traditional bets.
BetMGM betting variety
- Moneyline - One of the more traditional types of bets, a money line is a bet on a specific team to win. While other bets involve the winning team and the margin in which they won, a money line is simply a bet on who wins.
- Parlays - A parlay involves two or more teams winning and offers a larger payout than betting on a single team to win. It is simple to place a parlay bet and difficult to win.
- Round Robins - A round robin bet is a bet with multiple parlays at once.
- Futures - Future bets are made on games or events that will occur in the future. Oddsmakers choose the odds based on potential outcomes. Futures are becoming increasingly popular.
- Spreads - Spread betting refers to different types of betting on the outcome of an event, in which the accuracy of the bet affects the payoff.
- InPlay / In-game betting - This allows bettors to place bets after the sporting event has already begun. William Hill offers in-game betting on typical wagers such as money line, point spreads, props, and totals.
Sports offered at BetMGM
MGM Resorts International caters mostly to tourists looking for popular events and wagering on the popular teams. Therefore the sports wagering menu tends to be a bit more limited than other sportsbook operators while the odds, point spreads, and lines are usually different as well.
Sports offered on the app include:
- Football (NFL, college, and Canadian)
- Basketball (NBA and college)
- Baseball (MLB)
- Hockey (NHL)
- Soccer (English Premier, MLS, and others)
- MMA combat sports
BetMGM banking options
You can make deposits in a variety of ways:
- Direct bank transfer
- ACH or e-check
- Credit cards (Visa or MasterCard)
- Cash deposits require a visit to a teller at the Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa or one of the many PayNearMe locations located at 7-Eleven convenience stores.
Withdrawals are more limited with options including Neteller, ACH/e-check or getting cash by mail or from the Borgata casino cage.
BetMGM Sportsbook - summary
BetMGM became the second online sportsbook to launch in New Jersey, stepping into the market on August 22, 2018. PlayMGM is powered by an IGT software platform and offers both sports betting and casino games in New Jersey. The app is available on Android and iOS, however, there is no desktop site available as of yet.