Betting sites with sign up bonuses
A sign up bonus is given to new users to incentivize sign ups and reward new users once they have completed the process of opening an account with the betting site and verified their identity.
Some NJ Sports betting sites require a bonus code to access the sign up bonus, while others require a deposit.
Either way, the purpose of the sign up bonus is to bring in new users and provide them with risk-free money that they can use to try out the platform’s features before they begin to gamble with their funds.
What Are Sign Up Bonuses?
Sign up bonuses, also known as “welcome bonuses” or “registration bonuses”, are a means by which sports betting sites circumvent the competition and make a unique proposition to prospective users of their platform.
Betting sites with registration bonus offers now have various welcome bonuses to appeal to different user segments.
However, it would be best to remember that sports betting sites are not charities. In most cases, the sign up bonus comes with terms and conditions attached.
Because of this it’s important to take note of the terms and conditions before signing up to the platform, so you fully comprehend what the sportsbook requires from you.
Sign up bonuses rewards can take any of the following forms:
- Free Bets: Some betting sites reward new users with a certain amount of money with which they can place a bet. If you win the wager you receive the winnings, and the sportsbook takes back the initial free bet amount.
- Risk-Free Bets: Sports betting sites with sign up bonus offers that grant users this reward insure the user’s first wager.
If the user loses the wager, the sports betting site gives them a full reward of up to 100% of the wager. However, risk-free bets come with terms and conditions, so you must read the fine print before jumping on a risk-free bet offer.
- No Deposit Offers: Betting sites with registration bonus offers like this grant users a bonus without requiring a deposit upfront. However, since there is no commitment to the platform on your part, you can expect no deposit offers to be on the lower side of the spectrum.
- Deposit match offers: Betting sites with free sign up bonus offers that offer this reward match the new user’s first deposit up to a certain percentage.
The sports betting site you choose will likely reward you with any of these three bonuses, but some sportsbooks have been known to offer a mix.
Each type of sign up bonus has its pros and cons. What works for you will depend on the kind of gambler you are as well as your goals on the betting site.
What Should I Look for When Choosing a Sign up Bonus?
Various ads are promoting betting sites with sign up bonus offers in New Jersey. This section provides some key characteristics of reliable betting sites with registration bonus offers.
- Reputation: The most important thing to consider when choosing a betting site with sign up bonus offers is the sportsbook’s reputation.
If you register with a just-launched offshore sportsbook that has not been tried and tested, it should be no surprise if the deposit match offer you were promised on sign up doesn’t materialize.
Pick established local and regulated sites that have previously delivered their sign up bonus promises.
- Maximize your returns: The larger the sign up bonus, the better. Larger sign up bonuses have various benefits, such as greater risk reduction as you familiarize yourself with the betting site, placing larger wagers, and the potential for larger winnings since you are making bigger bets.
- Structure of the sign up bonus: There is no one-size-fits-all sign up bonus, which is why betting sites with sign up bonus offers contain the variants we discussed earlier.
You must closely review each site’s sign up bonus to determine if it suits you. For the more risk-averse bettor, a $100 no-deposit offer may be more valuable and attractive than the $500 deposit match bonus a more risk-embracing bettor receives.
How Do Sign Up Bonuses Work?
Some betting sites with welcome bonus offers do not grant you a bonus as a gift.
Sign up bonuses are a mutually-beneficial means through which sportsbooks attract users and keep them within their ecosystem.
Once you have registered to the site, betting sites with sign up bonuses use certain requirements to keep you active on their site.
This section discusses the most common requirements to claim sign up bonuses on betting sites with registration bonuses so that you know what you are signing up for.
- Age: You must be 21 or older and reside in New Jersey.
- Verify your account: This is the most common requirement made by authentic sports betting sites with sign up bonus offers. Account verification typically involves submitting a government ID and other documents.
- Wagering Requirement: Betting sites with this requirement expect you to stake your sign up bonus several times before you can claim any winnings.
For example, a betting site with a 100% deposit match bonus could require you to stake the bonus amount 5 -15 times before being qualified to withdraw. The wagering requirement varies for each betting site, and some sites may have no wagering requirement.
- Minimum Odds: Betting sites with registration bonus offers attached to a minimum odd require you to place bets on games with the specified minimum odd or higher to qualify to withdraw your winnings. Usually, the higher the bonus is, the higher the minimum odds will be.
- Minimum Deposit: If you pick a betting site with sign up bonus offers attached to a minimum deposit, you will have to meet the minimum deposit required to receive the sign up bonus.
- Validity Period: Sports betting sites with sign up bonus offers may set a validity period for the sign up bonus, during which the terms and conditions for receiving, using, and in some cases even withdrawing, the winnings must be met.
Failure to meet the terms and conditions could mean you will no longer be able to receive the sign up bonus since your account will no longer be classified as a “new user account”. Validity periods can range from 7 days to 3- days.
Top Sports Betting Sites With Sign Up Bonus in New Jersey
This section lists the New Jersey betting sites with the most attractive and reliable bonuses. We also dive into key terms and conditions so you know what to expect from each.
Your first deposit on DraftKings ($5 minimum) qualifies you to receive up to $1,000 in bonus funds in the form of site credits that can only be used on the site.
The company pegs the bonus amount at 20% of the initial deposit amount, with a maximum bonus of $1,000. To claim the $1,000 maximum, you must deposit $5,000.
You will receive $1 in bonus funds for every $25 you wager on DraftKings in DFS/Sportsbook/Casino, and you must meet the play-through requirements 90 days from the date of first deposit to receive the maximum bonus.
An initial wager of at least $10 made within 30 days of opening your account qualifies you to earn 1,000 Caesars Rewards Tier Credits and 1,000 Caesars Rewards Reward Credits.
If your qualifying wager loses, you will receive a free bet of up to $1,250 in addition to the free credits.
The free bet is only valid if used within 14 days from the date it is awarded, after which it will expire and be removed from your account.
You must deposit at least $10 to your account at BetMGM and place a pre-game Moneyline wager of at least $10 to qualify for this bet.
If either team in the game you wagered on scores a touchdown, you will receive $200 in free bets, regardless of the game’s outcome.
The free bets will be added to your account as four $50 free bets, totaling $200. Each Free Bet can only be used once as a straight wager or parlay; it cannot be divided among multiple wagers.
Unibet rewards new users with a risk-free bet of up to $250 if their first wager results in a loss. You must make an initial minimum cash bet of $10 to qualify, and you will be refunded an equal amount up to $250 within 72 hours.
The casino’s sign up bonus has no wagering requirements.
PointsBet rewards new users with up to two risk-free bets once they have verified their accounts. You must use a promo code to claim the bet and make a qualifying wager of $.50 or more. Once you do, you are eligible to receive:
- One risk-free fixed odds wager worth up to $500
- One risk-free PointsBetting wager worth up to $1,500
You are only eligible to receive the reward if your first fixed odds and PointsBetting wager loses. You will be refunded up to the amount you wagered.
However, if your first Fixed Odds and PointsBetting Wager wins, is voided, or results in a push, you will not be eligible to receive the reward.